Sunday 5 November 2017

diy homemade shimmer paste, with video and three cards

Last year I made my own glitter paste, today I thought I'd try shimmer paste and it worked beautifully.

It's really easy to do as well and I;m sure you all have Perfect Pearls or other micas stashed somewhere. I used Ranger Perfect Pearls and Shine powder from Kippers Hobby, but any brand will do I'm sure.

I'm also using the Ranger texture paste transparent gloss and stencils.
Perfect Pearl always shows up better on black so Is tarted with black card, but I also made on on white and it's just as glorious as the black ones.
See the video to see how it catches the light once dry, it's hard to capture  on a photo.

All you do is put a little blob on a mixing surface ( I use an old bit of package) and then sprinkle on some powder. There is no exact recipe, I just went by eye, if I thought the paste was too dry I'd add more paste or more powder if I wanted more sheen, mix well and then apply through the stencil of your choice. Let dry, that's it!
I also heat embossed the sentiments with superfine silver from Papermania.

I hope you will give this a try and let me know how you found it.


2 comments:

  1. Great cards. I like the Tim Holtz stenciled card the best. What is Shine Powder? And, who makes the Star stencil? Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shine powder is the same as perfect peral just the name the brand kippers hobby gave it. the small star stenicl is from Simon Say stamp and the big one from dutch do ba doo

      Delete