Sunday 10 September 2017

Everyday Christmas series #13, with video

For today's card I decided to make an inkblended strip on the cardbase in cool blue, frosty colors.
I chose one of my recipes, that uses cracked pistachio, but I toned down the green with Tumbled glass.
Now tumbled glass is so light, you need a lot of patience.
After inkblending I made sure the strip was really dry, by testing the embossing powder on it. You can see in the video how much kept sticking.

After I was happy with how well it dried, I placed the sentiment, but the one I chose first was too long. I didn't measure and I used this masked cardbase, I had it left over from a card I wanted to make, then changed my design ;-)...

So I got the Merry Christmas out of the Cuddly Buddly set (Toby tumble & robins).
I stamped it with Versafine onyx black ink.

I then placed the snowflakes from Joy Crafts! on the blue bar, making sure they stick out on one side at least. I started with the biggest and my favorite and then placed the others around it.
Inked them with Versamark ink and sprinkled the Papermania superfine silver embossing powder on top and heat set it.

No comments:

Post a Comment