Thursday 6 July 2017

String of lights

The Simon Says Monday Challenge is: red, white and blue. It was the 4th of July this week, so big holiday in the U.S.A.
But I chose to go for a Christmas in July thing. I could have done the same-ish card like I did for the Less is More challenge (also red, white and blue) or a similar nautical theme, but I really wanted to stir things up.

They're showcasing Sizzix on the SSS blog, and I used the Big shot diecutting machine and precision baseplate.

I also used the Lawn Fawn String of light, which could also be a string of ornaments.
I diecut white, blue and red glitter paper and for the string and lightbulb ends I used black card.


I did the bulb thingies twice so there was a bit more bulk to them.
Attached everything to the card with tiny dots of glue and then stamped the sentiment with Versafine onyx black ink (Simon Says Stamp Merry trees.
I'm sorry if the white lightbulb is hard to see, but it's there ;-)

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge, see this

4 comments:

  1. in retrospect I think I should have done two blue lamps instead of the white one and count the white cardbase as my white, but hey you live and learn ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Those lights are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and light images(like it just the way you did it too Maaike), loving the sparkle also ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really pretty card and I love how you chose to create a card for Christmas! :)

    Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete