Saturday 8 October 2016

Kitty Rudolph or Rudolph kitty?


It's ONE layer week over at Less is More and yesterday I found these gorgeous free digistamps over at http://sliekje.blogspot.nl/.

I thought this little guy could be dreaming of being one of Santa's reindeer?

So I had to try and print them on my thinner watercolor paper, It took a few tries as you can see as my laserprinter was making a long stripe I didn't want, not sure how it happened, it's like a dust trail I keep removing but as soon as I print it's back.
Well it's and old laser printer, so...emptied all the black cartridge for this card too  cos I tried to print on the back and it came out on the same side, upside down etc...haha.
Anyway it worked in the end on a new piece of paper.
I cut the A4 in half lengthwise to make two topfolding cards.
The bat you see is from another free digi stamp source.


I used Distress inks to watercolor the little guy: rusty hinge, vintage photo, tattered rose, barn door, hickory smoke, mowed lawn.

If I had thought about it, I could have made a custom sentiment and print it in one go, but instead I stamped this Hero arts (classic Christmas borders) with Versafine and the MISTI.

For more information on the Less is More Challenge, see this


8 comments:

  1. Too sweet! What an adorable digi. I sympathise with your printing troubles - mine won't print on linen effect card stock without leaving blotches. So frustrating! You got a lovely result here though with super colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I love your thought process of the kitten's dream of being a reindeer! Your colouring is amazing and the overall look is really cute. Ha! Sometimes I want to throw my printer out of the window...they can be frustrating, can't they. So glad you persevered as your card is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous one layer card!
    xoxo olga

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely little Christmas kit x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for your printer troubles, but your card turned out so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Granny duties have put me hopelessly behind this week!
    I'm sorry I'm so late in visiting!
    This is a really cute image, I guess he can have his dreams too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete