Sunday 11 September 2016

Life is a beautiful ride....

It’s  Stamptember!
Wich means both the Monday and Wednesday Challenges over at Simon Says Stamps is: stamp it! Showcasing Simon Says Stamp exclusives.

Now as much as I want to I haven’t been able to order anything yet from this release, the secret garden with the fairy and the Simon Stackable from Art Impressions are just awesome as is the birch trees die, but yeah will have to wait ...

Anyway onto the card I made: I used Simon Say Stamp set beautiful ride with the coordinating dies.
I stamped it with the Misti onto Schut watercolour paper with My Favorite things hybrid black ink.
 I stamped the cat and dog on a separate piece of watercolour paper.

I used Distress inks to watercolour the whole thing and added in the meadow grassy background.
I die cut the dog and cat and made a slit in the basket so I could fit him in there.
I also added a few paper flowers to the basket as if they were just picked.

The dog is running in front of the bike, the cat is smarter and let’s himself being driven ;-).
Added some foam dots behind the dog and cat for dimension.

My Tjeerd is black and white, and although the markings are not right on this cat, my Tjeerd loved to ride in the basket of my bike, until we stopped as a crossway or something , he always wanted to jump out, so had to keep the leash real tight, my basket sadly died the rusty death..lol...so now he comes in his carrier bag.
The looks of people watching you ride your cat in the basket...like a proper crazy cat lady haha.
As if it’s weird taking your cat for a ride...Tjalk on the otherhand prefers the confinement of the house and balcony if she must.

Mounted the watercolour panel to the card base with foam tape and filled the gap with washi tape as the panel is always smaller.



For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this.
For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this.





2 comments:

  1. Wat een super leuk kaartje, de fiets is zo lekker hollands, en met een mandje voorop voor de kat (ik zie ze vaker een hond voorop) is helemaal top. Erg gaaf gedaan. Bedankt voor het meedoen met Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fun card and beautiful kitty :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete