Monday 26 September 2016

Cameo embossing or multicolor embossing with video


For the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge,  wich is all about powder power I created a cameo looking deer.

I started by stamping the sentiment in Versamark ink on a panel, the same size as a card front.
I then sprinkled on Papermania’s superfine silver powder and heat set it.

The I die cut the deer out, this one’s from Yvonne creations, not sure if it’s readily available, I think it’s a Dutch brand, but similar dies are available across the industry, I’m sure.
 I chose this one instead of, say the Memory box one I have woodland seer, as the antlers are less dainty.
For this technique to show you need a proper area to come through the die cut window.
In the video I show you snowflakes and other Christmassy dies, but it the dies are too detailed, this technique won’t be as good ;-)

Any shape will do though, think of ornament dies, solid tree dies, igloo, etc.

I chose an array of silver and blue embossing powders as I wanted that frosty wintery snowflake feeling. Instead it turned out into a navy seals cameo outfit lol. Kidding I love the effect.

I trace the opening onto the card base, and draw a bigger area around it, I know where to smoosh my Versamark ink now. Thick coating is advisable as it takes a while to sprinkle all the little bits.

I used: Papermania superfine silverm Wow! Embossing powders in the colors:  frozen, iced silver coastal, earthtone blueberry.

You can use a little spoon, a straw end your fingers, just disperse the powders onto the sticky area in a random
fashion.
I sprinkle first all the colors, then heat set in one go. If i feel one color is too dominant, I point away the heat gun and sprinkle on some other colors and then point the heat towards it.

Mount the panel with foamtape and foamsquare and adhere it to the card base.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: see this










1 comment:

  1. What gorgeous cards, so pretty and elegant! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete