Saturday 9 July 2016

Red white and or blue with video


Use one, two or all three colors for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

I've use white and blue ;-).
Well, a few blues from the Distress ink line to brush on the background ( if I remember correctly, faded jeans, chipped sapphire, salty ocean and maybe mermaid lagoon).

I started by partially diecutting the stitched circle die to get the window.
I then transferred the position of the window onto the cardbase and masked an area off, slighlty bigger, but as the panel is slightly smaller I had to make sure none of my ink blending would peak out from underneath.

I then used the Simon Says Stamp Falling snow stencil and embossing paste for the snow, the stencil shifted a little making the perfect round shapes look more like drops, which is OK!

I used a die from Leane creatief for the trees and house scene, I bought it second hand so I'm not sure if it's old,  new or discontinued etc.
I used my newly discovered method for embossign the die, see video, home made embossing or tan mat ;-)

Mounted everything with one or two layers of foam tape to adhered it to the cardbase.
I didn't stamp a sentiment before I mounted all the foam dots, forgot and I didn't want to risk it.
So my sentiment is on the inside.
Also rather like the serene look of the front now. 
I love big bold black sentiments, but somehow I don't see it fitting this card.

See the card I made a few weeks ago, I used different blue Distress ink and glittery dots from Papermania and a sentiment!

I think it's because the challenge is blue and white ;-)

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this


1 comment:

  1. Really beautiful, elegant cards...these are gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete