Sunday 5 June 2016

Dainty flowers

Cas Colours & Sketches Challenge #176.


For my card I sued the Paper Smooches die Dainty flowers. I adhered Stick-it to the back of the white ones, if I had thought ahead I would also have done that for the inserts...but cut them out with the Bigshot.

For the colors I used Distress inks (picked raspberry, spunsugar and squeezed lemonade) and just swiped the inkpads onto cardstock and then die cut those out as well.

Stuck the white borders onto the bardbase and inset all the coloured pieces, messed ou the yellow one with too much glue, tried to fix it with a damp cloth then and reaser, wasn't pretty ;-) But it actually looks worse on the picture than in real life phew...





Sentiment is from Craft Emotions (gefeliciteerd-nl) and I stamped it with Versafine black onyx.
I tried fossilized amber and mustard seed Distress inks too, but I found them too dark.

For more information on the CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge, see this



Update June 16th:


4 comments:

  1. Sweet card! Love the die piecing! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS perfection! Beautiful use of the challenge colours and pretty flowers. Thanks so much for joining in at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piecing the die cuts is a cheery way to use our challenge colors! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful way to use the challenge colours on a wonderfully CAS card. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches again this week. Hope to see you again next. Liz x

    ReplyDelete