Tuesday 19 April 2016

Thank you 3 compartment shaker card

This card is for the Sparkle and Shine challenge, where the inspiration comes from the challenge photo.

To make the card I started with ehat embossing the sentiment from Technique Tuesday and then diecut the Simon Says Stamp single roses from the lilac cardpanel and again from white cardstock.
I then attached acetate with taperunner and mounted a single layer of foamtape, usually I do two rows, but I wanted a slender card.
I placed all kinds of (PPP) sequins in the openings, I made sure to separate the three
roses, so I could choose different colors from the challenge photo. 
I attached another piece of acetate to close the shaker, I find this easier than trying to fit the cardbase onto open shaker compartments, with all the static and wobbling, sequins fly off quickly, trust me I've found out the hard way ;-)

I kept the back of the roses white so the sequins would show more, but they all kind off sagged to the bottom :-(
I attached the white diecuts with gluestick.
Homemade enameldot next to the sentiment.

For more information on the Sparkle and Shine Challenge. see this

3 comments:

  1. WOW this is fantastic!!
    xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable shaker card!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkle and Shine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and beautiful shaker card!

    ReplyDelete