Thursday 24 March 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #166

CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #166


For my card I used Eline's brush stampset from Marianne Design (EC0162).
First 2 cards I used a more straight line brush stroke, also dry brush look, but even though I aligned them carefully with the grid on my stamp buddy, it kept looking skewed to me and the distance between the brush I eyeballed and it was all wrong ;-)

So I switched stamp and used a scribbly one that looks more like a wet brush, if that makes sense to you.

For all cards I started in the middle with yellow so that was positioned properly and then the outer ones (red and blue) and orange en green to  center them, I thought that worked well.
I used the back panel from one of the other cards as paper has two sides and made it a raised panel instead of my intended one layer.
For my stamping I used Ranger dye inks ( classic
cherry, cheese puff, lemon twist, electric lime and Caribbean coast)

I then used a butterfly die from Joy! crafts (6003/0023) and diecut it from black cardstock with doublesided adhesive on the back, so it becomes a sticker (I used Elizabeth crats but Ken Oliver stick it would work great as well)
Did the same for the sentiment die from Crafter's companion Die'sire.
Stuck the panel on the cardbase with foamtape..


For more information on the CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #166, see this





7 comments:

  1. Fun card - I love a rainbow! Thanks for playing along with the CC&S sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning use of colour, the butterfly looks so dramatic against them. Thanks for joining in at CC&S - and you're first off the mark again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, sorry, I think a lot of people wait for other challenges to come online and to combine them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rainbow of colours offsets your butterfly beautifully. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the rainbow of colours, beautifully done. Thanks for playing along at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rainbow and how it highlights the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your colourful interpretation of the sketch, such a cheerful, happy card. Thanks for joining us again (and being first, *again*!) at CC&S this week. Caro x

    ReplyDelete