Saturday 19 March 2016

Addicted to CAS Challenge #84: codeword Delicate

Addicted to CAS Challenge #84: codeword Delicate

For my "delicate" I chose eggs, delicate or breakable Easter eggs.

I drew these eggs with a stencil I made, I found eggs quite a hard shape so, once happy, I traced it on acetate and cut it out to use as a stencil.
I've used mostly Spectrum Noir aqua markers and two Distress inks (blueprint sketch and iced spruce).
I only have one set of aqua markers and I've used them once before this card, still
learning how they react and flow, definetely different from Distress inks or Tales Ecoline.
But I think I got some nice shading on these colorful eggs.

The sentiment is from My Favorite things (bunny ears) and I heat embossed in white on a strip op black card.

The Schut hotpressed smooth 300grams watercoloring paper is slightly smalller than a card size to I filled that gap up with black also. I think it makes it very elegant .
I mounted the panel with foamtape onto the cardbase.

For more information on the Addicted to CAS Challenge #84, see this



I made this card earlier this week with video on how I drew the eggs and colored them with Distress inks, I think I prefer it but it's for another blog challenge ;-)


2 comments:

  1. Loving your vibrant coloured eggs Maaike and yep they're certainly delicate whatever they are made of! A brilliant take and thanks for sharing at ATCAS this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card, love those delicate eggs!

    ReplyDelete