Sunday 7 February 2016

Valentine's day shaker card


I'd like to enter this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: have a heart.
They're showcasing Reverse Confetti products, but I don't have any. You don't need to use them to join in, lucky me.

I started by die cutting and punching different heart shapes out of Inkadinkado masking paper and adhered the masks onto hotpressed watercolor paper and used Distress inks to color the paper 
(candied apple, carved pumpkin and a bit of picked raspberry, which you won't see in the end).
the masks didn't really stick and I kept covering bits I had masked of with ink, so in the end I went over the whole card lightly to fill in the masked areas, as if it was meant that way. I like it, less stark contrast.
I then die cut a big heart out of craftfoam and white cardstock.
I also Diecut the Lawn Fawn love from red cardstock.
to make the shaker I adhered the craftfoam with double sided tape.
first a piece of acetate behind the white cardstock, then the foam. 
I filled it with Darice clear sequins and red and silver confetti.
stuck the watercolor panel on top to close the shaker and then taped it to a cardbase, I used a cardbase I had previously messed up stamping the sentiment, ssst.. don't tell anyone, you can't see it and I wasted less ;-)

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this

















1 comment:

  1. LOVE the bokeh background on the shaker box. Just beautiful <3 Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Have a Heart Challenge!
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete