Sunday 14 February 2016

Happy birthday butterfly shaker card

I'd like to enter this card into the Inkspirational challenge #102: pop and the AAA Cards Challenge #58: sequins.

Now sequins always make me think of shaker cards, so I made one, and the pop is a pop of colour if that makes sense. I think the red/purple butterfly really stands out from the white.

The backpanel to the shaker opening is a watercoloured panel with candied apple and wilted violet from Distress inks, diluted with perfect pearl mist for shimmer.

First I stamped the sentiment  from Sizzix (birthday by Stephanie Barnard) and I stamped it with Versafine, three times cos I kept messing it up, lucky for me a page has 2 sides...I think there's a dip in my table or something, because it was always the same corner that didn't transfer...ofcourse I tried to restamp on top of it..hahaha I don't know why I try, it never works ;-)
I added  some layers of craftfoam underneath the panel for my third try and it stamped perfectly.

The shaker window I made by diecutting the butterfly from Simon Says Stamp, it coordinates with a stamp but works as a standalone too.

I then attached a piece of acetate and proceeded to make the shaker frame with foamtape, double layer. I didn't use craftfoam this time as it was thinner that two layers of foamtape and I wanted depth for the clear beads.

I filled my shaker with clear beads, silver sequins in two sizes and purple and red (iridescent) butterfly confetti. Some red butterfly show up green ish on the photo, that is because they're iridescent, don't know  to fix that on the photo, but they are red! as you can see from the other photo. 

Mounted the watercolour panel to close the shaker then used taperunner to add this panel to a cardbase.





8 comments:

  1. wow this is a stunner. Love that background, gorgeous water colours and such a great way to use the sequins. Thanks for joining Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popped over from AAA Cards Challenge - this is a really beautiful and wonderful shaker card - love it! Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candied apple and wilted violet together - yum. And awesome sequins!! THanks for sharing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning colours against the white card. Such a pretty and beautiful shaker card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! I love the pop of color from your butterfly and the big, bold sentiment! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card, so clever using the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful shaker card - I just love that combination of Candied Apple and Wilted Violet! That sentiment is amazing too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards! Jill

    ReplyDelete