Monday 25 January 2016

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: red

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: red


I made a little gift, a little box for one of those jumbo or xxl scented tealights. Mine are from Ikea but I think the size is standard.

I used Simon Says Stamp (schoolhouse red) cardstock and for the patterned cardstock a piece of 12x12"paper from Jillibean Soup (heart healthy red bean soup-bay leaves) for the heart.

I also used the new Lawn Fawn XOXO die in red and white and instead of a cigar band or belly band I closed the box with some unbranded washitape.


At first I only diecut the xoxo in the same red, but it was all too matchy match, it almost disappeared, so I slightly offset a white one, to give it a kind of drop shadow.
few clear rhinestones from Hero Arts and foamtaep to raise the heart diecut off the box

To make the box you'll need a piece of paper that is 4"1/8 by 7"1/4
you score it on the long side at 7/8, 3"1/4, 4"1/8 and 6"3/8
on the short side you score it at  7/8 and 3"1/4

cut and glue as indicated on the photo (not precisely to scale as my grid is in centimeters)

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! I love the simple functionality of the box, but you've really given it a lot of style and oomph with the heart and different patterned paper you incorporated. I also really like how you double-cut the sentiment for that great shadowed effect. Lovely and inspiring work here and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete