Sunday 6 December 2015

Technocolour snowflakes

I'd like to ento to the CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #153
 and the Inkspirational challenge #97: flakes

For the CAS colours & sketches the challenge is to use past colour challenge and I've chosen #114








For the Inkspirational challenge the code word is flakes, so I  thought snowflakes, also gold flakes and flaking paint passed by in my head, but I dismissed those, because of supplies.




I've used re-inkers from Distress inks to colour my background (peacock feathers, seedless preserves and mowed lawn).
But first I've heat embossed a bunch of snowflakes (CAS-ual Fridays must love snowflakes) with white embossing powder on some hot pressed smooth watercolouring paper from Schut (300grams)
I've then wetted the surface and started dabbing on the reinkers and spritzing it with water to make them flow, were they colours met, they made new colours, so I hope that's ok for the colour challenge, bit out of my control lol.

I chose reinkers for the intense colours, and it's really this dark..... I say moody ;-)
I spritzed also some perfect pearls to give it shimmer.

the watercolour paper is from a big sheet I cut up and they end up a little smaller, than a standard cardbase, which works out well for the sentiment, a little stuck out on the top, which I trimmed.
I like non traditional colours, usually pastels, for Christmas and Christmas cards, so I hope the recipient does too!





5 comments:

  1. So my sort of card! Love those colours all blended and mixed together, sets off the flakes a treat. Thankks for playing the colour challenge at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see your card on Inkspirational and your background is SENSATIONAL
    I adore this much thats why I visit you
    this is a great Flake card
    love love love
    hugs from Germany
    Monika (my Flake card so WHITE and yours so dramatic :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. The white snowflakes really "pop" against the bold, rich, gorgeous colors of the background! This resist technique is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing your awesome card with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic background, it really makes the snowflakes pop
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! Your background reminds me of the Northern Lights that we often see glowing in the night sky when we visit my mom! A lovely sky for your pretty snowflakes! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Inkspirational gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete