Tuesday 15 December 2015

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: just a pinch

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: just a pinch

For my card I started by sponging on Distress inks mermaid lagoon and tumbled glass and some broken china in between when I found the jump from dark to light was too big.
I used the  Simon Says Stamp falling snow stencil to make the snow with embossing paste. This is Wendy Vecchi white paste, whilst still wet I sprinkled some white iridescent glitter onto the paste for shimmery snowflakes, just a little sprinkling.
Let that dry.
Then I splattered on some distress spray  (also mermaid lagoon) to add depth, just a  few drops, or a pinch ;-)
I stamped my image from Hero Arts lil'hoot with Memento black ink on Neenah classic crest card and colored it with my Spectrum Noir markers.
Cut it out and then used the black marker on the edges, to neaten them up.
I've added googly eyes to them, I tried my new colored googly eyes, first green and light blue, but green looked weird and the blue was too similar to the rest of the card, so navy and black was what I decided on.
I made a snowy hill for the sentiment (Marianne design Eline's xmas ec0148)
Which I stamped with Versafine and mounted it with foamtape so I could slide the bears behind it.
Few (or a sprinkling) of clear blue sequins to make your eye travel across the card.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: just a pinch, see this


1 comment:

  1. Maaike, this is such a lovely card, from your beautiful blue background - love that ombre sky, to your falling snow! I am giggling looking at your bears with the googly eyes :) Thanks for joining us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge using "just a pinch"!

    ReplyDelete