Friday 18 September 2015

CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #142

CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #142.

For my card I used broken china, mowed lawn and ground espresso from Distress inks, I think they match really well to the SU ones.

I've made a sticker sentiment by applying double sided adhesive from Elizabeth crafts on the white cardstock prior to diecutting the sentiment die.

Matching sequins and the coloured panel was made with the stampingblock technique, where you apply inks onto a slick surface (the stampingblock, but I;ve also used rulers, cd cases, tiles etc anything non porous) then I sprayed the ink with Perfect peral  mist to give it some shimmer. laid the watercolour paper on top and carefully  rubbed the back of the watercolor paper to give the inks a change to soak into the paper. then quickly lift the paper and let it dry,
Sometimes I go back for seconds and third dips, but for a CAS card I think once is plenty.


For more information on the CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge, see this


5 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Love it! Thanks for playing along with the CC&S colour challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of the white sentiment against the colorful background. Thanks for joining us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've used some great techniques on your card Maaike. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds like you had fun making this one. I really like CAS cards which use different techniques, it really is the design then which creates the clean and simple style. Thanks for joining us at CC&S
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete