Monday 20 July 2015

Lawnscaping challenge #110: color inspired by the rainbow!

Lawnscaping challenge #110: color inspired by the rainbow!

I've used the Lawn Fawn Monster mash for the images and sentiment.

Stamped them with StazOn black ink on water color paper.
At first I used my cheapo paper as it's the most white, but sometimes it tricks you, it pretends to be nice and then starts to wick out color in all directions and not everywhere, just certain spots in the paper.
so I redid it on slightly more creamy paper from Schut, which is also heavy duty 300grams hot pressed watercolor paper...bit fancy really for a small panel on a card, but hey it's worth it ;-)

I also made a rainbow panel for the birthday circle die and diecut it, then glued it on another panel with a circular window. I didn't have the exact same circle size and the sentiment die warped a little and using Aleene's fast grab glue made sticking it precisely a bit tricky, normal glue would give you a longer working time. BUT I forgot that Distress re-inkes would re-activate with the wetness of the glue and I made a bit of a mess on the front crisp white panel...sigh...covered it up with rhinestones...so lol...don't tell anyone ;-)


For more information on the Lawnscaping challenge, see this!

update August 1st:
thanks Lawnscaping!



9 comments:

  1. How cute is this? And I like that you mess up cards too!! I am always adding something to help "fix" a mistake!! I love those little monsters in the rainbow of colors and how you created that fun sentiment. Adorable card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card! Love the video! Thanks for showing your mistakes! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous, I love the colours and that sentiment is so great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! I love all the colorful monsters, and your video is amazing! Thanks so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. *squeal* this is SOOOOOO adorable!! i LOOOOOOVE the rainbow circle of monsters!! so cute!! love this!!!! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Cute, cute, cute! Absolutely adorable! Thanks so much for the video, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors & composition! Tfs! :) ~ Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors & composition! Tfs! :) ~ Andrea

    ReplyDelete