Sunday 4 January 2015

Distress inked backgrounds

i've been so inspired by the colour combo i saw in the January cardkit from Simon says stamp.
On YouTube a few ladies used a patterned paper similar to the one i created.
I don't have a close up of the patterned paper they used, but that doesn't really matter, it's the graduation and colours that grabbed me, the rest is my own interpretation.
I recently purchased some snowflake dies from Marianne creatables. I matched  the sequins I have as best as i could, and the purple snowflake is actually Lindy's stamp gang embossing power
I also  made a similar one with blues and green as in sky and grass for this cute shaker card.

To remember how i did it, i took a picture with the various Distress inks in the order I used them.
I added yellow to the bottom two (green) ones as I thought they were too blue-ish.
then let it dry to even out and started the splattering (is that a new word?)




1 comment:

  1. Both gorgeous cards, fabulous blending background and heart shaped cut-out shaker card with an adorable cute image!!

    Thanks so much for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete